D. Shane Read
Published by Westway Publishing
A successful deposition is the most important weapon you have to win your case. How can you be sure you’ll get it every time? Learn from the skillful techniques---and memorable failures---that occurred at the most famous depositions of all time: President Bill Clinton, Bill Gates, and O.J. Simpson. This new deposition book has it all, clearly explained in an easy-to-understand format.
Winning at Deposition is the only book on depositions that analyzes transcripts and videos of actual depositions. Learn how to take a deposition, how to defend a deposition, how to take the deposition of an expert witness, plus many more innovative tips for a deposition.
Summary of Contents
• The ins and outs of how to take a deposition –for beginners and experienced lawyers
• Innovative advice on how to prepare a witness for a deposition
• Why much of the conventional wisdom about depositions is completely wrong
• How to beat an expert witness at deposition every time
• New strategies that guarantee success with argumentative lawyers and lying witnesses